Xenomorph Suicide Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xenomorph Suicide Squad

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The demo was ok, bring on the game!

Go down 
+5
zx445
SARGE 21153
Ravenger
Subject13
zugger
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zx445
Egg Sack

The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:33 am

he does however have a point that wolf is an elder and as weve seen before a newborn alien can easily take on unblooded preds (grid alien vs pred temple raid party in AvP 1) and if i remember right oneof those preds (chopper i think) was blooded and the grid alien still managed to take care of him the truth of the matter is while a pred can most definately beat a normal drone in CQC a smarter breed or better built alien could probably outsmart out maneuver or out strength(?) even an experianced predator. so basicly even with this glitch or balance issue or whatever you consider it a smart alien will figure out a way around it.
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:19 am

zx445 wrote:
he does however have a point that wolf is an elder and as weve seen before a newborn alien can easily take on unblooded preds (grid alien vs pred temple raid party in AvP 1) and if i remember right oneof those preds (chopper i think) was blooded and the grid alien still managed to take care of him the truth of the matter is while a pred can most definately beat a normal drone in CQC a smarter breed or better built alien could probably outsmart out maneuver or out strength(?) even an experianced predator. so basicly even with this glitch or balance issue or whatever you consider it a smart alien will figure out a way around it.
nicely put bom
Back to top Go down
xxBOOGAFINxx
Egg Sack
xxBOOGAFINxx

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:29 pm

WEll there is no real way to prove who is "stronger"
but aliens do have more ways to attack than the predator close range, given their tail and they way it can maneuver.
I think it really depends on who has the upper hand, because in the first movie the pred whipped an alien around by its tail with ease, but also the alien lifted the predator with its tail with ease.
So it all depends on who has the advantage.
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:47 pm

xxBOOGAFINxx wrote:
WEll there is no real way to prove who is "stronger"
but aliens do have more ways to attack than the predator close range, given their tail and they way it can maneuver.
I think it really depends on who has the upper hand, because in the first movie the pred whipped an alien around by its tail with ease, but also the alien lifted the predator with its tail with ease.
So it all depends on who has the advantage.
i don think aliens are as heavy as a pred, not even close.
Back to top Go down
Vaelkari
Egg Sack
Vaelkari

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:27 pm

according to the books and similar pred lore a youngblood doesnt earn his gear until he has defeated an alien in unarmed close combat > an experienced pred hunter will kick an aliens arse when he? is kitted up. i think its a combat balance, aliens warriors (preatorians) may be a little stronger but the drones in the game would be weaker, pred have superior reaction time, aliens are more agile...... etc.

wheres my marine execution!! Sad

edit: most of the preds in AvP movies are youngbloods on thier first real hunt. (retreiving shoulder cannon etc)
Back to top Go down
xxBOOGAFINxx
Egg Sack
xxBOOGAFINxx

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Vaelkari wrote:
according to the books and similar pred lore a youngblood doesnt earn his gear until he has defeated an alien in unarmed close combat > an experienced pred hunter will kick an aliens arse when he? is kitted up. i think its a combat balance, aliens warriors (preatorians) may be a little stronger but the drones in the game would be weaker, pred have superior reaction time, aliens are more agile...... etc.

edit: most of the preds in AvP movies are youngbloods on thier first real hunt. (retreiving shoulder cannon etc)

I never really read of the literature, so that is good to know.
I mean preds have to be pretty tough if they are only sent in sets of three.
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:56 pm

Vaelkari wrote:

wow that is wrong, the preds in both movies are very experienced ones. In AVP R he is an elder and the ones in AVP1 are very good preds sent in to stop earth from being overrun. And the same alien killed two of the preds. And not many pred books are cannon and i looked that up. And preds do not have beeter reaction time as aliens have instinct and animals react faster than humans. This means an alien could swipe a pred at the last second. normal alien drones have killed elder preds before and we never see a young blood. In fact if you watch the first 10min of pred campain there are i beleive 2 preds you see through a video taken directly from their masks. They are killed very quickly too. That is when the elder pred is sent in.

Last edited by Ravager on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vaelkari
Egg Sack
Vaelkari

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:27 am

spose it depends in what you read, i swear in the avp movies they are youngboods, unmarked (using the face hugger finger 2 burn a '1' into forehead) and in teams of three (usually only 1 survives to become a hunter) , a true hunter always works alone. in the pred movies they are veterans, sole huters with full kit. as for reaction time - grabbing and kiling a face hugger mid pounce is pretty impressive.

the preds dont give a sh*t about earth being overrun, they hunt hundreds of species all across the galaxy, (trophy walll in pred2) they seed aliens on inhabited planets like ours just so they have something worthwhile to hunt...

edit: if the youngbloods fail the test a hunter will be sent in to 'clean up' (retrieve tech and remove evidence)

thats the way ive always seen it anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 am

Vaelkari wrote:
spose it depends in what you read, i swear in the avp movies they are youngboods, unmarked (using the face hugger finger 2 burn a '1' into forehead) and in teams of three (usually only 1 survives to become a hunter) , a true hunter always works alone. in the pred movies they are veterans, sole huters with full kit. as for reaction time - grabbing and kiling a face hugger mid pounce is pretty impressive.

the preds dont give a sh*t about earth being overrun, they hunt hundreds of species all across the galaxy, (trophy walll in pred2) they seed aliens on inhabited planets like ours just so they have something worthwhile to hunt...

edit: if the youngbloods fail the test a hunter will be sent in to 'clean up' (retrieve tech and remove evidence)

thats the way ive always seen it anyway Smile
yes but if aliens are as dangerous at melee as they are then they would have a greater reaction time, and it said on the avp director's commentary that 2 of the preds were youngbloods and the third was there to help if needed, if the other preds died they were there for instant cleanup. But that didnt work so well as you can see
Back to top Go down
zx445
Egg Sack

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:24 am

Quote :

so ravager this above statement is basicly correct?
Back to top Go down
Vaelkari
Egg Sack
Vaelkari

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:28 pm

dont want to get too into this (too easy for wars to start over important issues like avp lore) it all comes down to type and experience.

aliens range from 'panther' lite scouts (in lit), drones (workers/collectors), warriors (most commonly seen in the movies), praetorians (queens guard), and the queen herself. - not counting larvae hugger or bursters

preds go from unblooded, youngblood, hunter, *unknown?*(cant recall term, the kindo preds that hold the top of the pyramid- the elite), then elders.

then you have to take into acount narrative imperative- looks better if a young blood kills a queen/warrior, builds suspense if a veteran pred get taken by suprise.

as for speed and strength - aliens have animalistic instinct and superior body mechanics however they suffer the drawback of instinct which is predictability, preds have extensive training to deal with said predictability, large body mass(strength) and killing an alien in CQC is THE rite of passage. if a pred cant win the fight hes not a pred for very long Wink

im gonna leave it at that- it all depends on situation and whos telling the story
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Vaelkari wrote:
dont want to get too into this (too easy for wars to start over important issues like avp lore) it all comes down to type and experience.

aliens range from 'panther' lite scouts (in lit), drones (workers/collectors), warriors (most commonly seen in the movies), praetorians (queens guard), and the queen herself. - not counting larvae hugger or bursters

preds go from unblooded, youngblood, hunter, *unknown?*(cant recall term, the kindo preds that hold the top of the pyramid- the elite), then elders.

then you have to take into acount narrative imperative- looks better if a young blood kills a queen/warrior, builds suspense if a veteran pred get taken by suprise.

as for speed and strength - aliens have animalistic instinct and superior body mechanics however they suffer the drawback of instinct which is predictability, preds have extensive training to deal with said predictability, large body mass(strength) and killing an alien in CQC is THE rite of passage. if a pred cant win the fight hes not a pred for very long Wink

im gonna leave it at that- it all depends on situation and whos telling the story
well im telling the story and preds get their ass kicked cheers
Back to top Go down
zugger
Egg Sack
zugger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Your story is flawed...
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:35 am

zugger wrote:
Your story is flawed...
wait, are saying you favor preds over aliens, wtf you doing in an alien clan?
Back to top Go down
zugger
Egg Sack
zugger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:29 am

Wow. I never said I liked predators better. I like aliens alot more. It's just the fact that Predators are stronger than aliens which you tried to disprove and failed. Good day.
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:04 pm

zugger wrote:
Wow. I never said I liked predators better. I like aliens alot more. It's just the fact that Predators are stronger than aliens which you tried to disprove and failed. Good day.
i said im telling the stry and aliens win, that means in MY story they win, and you said it was flawed. You cant tell someone their story is flawed, its like telling a writer that one character is better than another when he made them, so you cant say that. You are basicly saying you like preds better in the statement, or at least saying you would rather have them win as you said MY story is flawed with aliens winning. And aliens are stronger, in brute force. predators use range weopons and martial arts, they are not stronger though. If you took a predator and alien from scratch, knowing no martial arts or anything then alien is going to win. I have seen a pred pick and alien up, but ive also seen an alien lift a pred up and throw it a really good distance. And gain we are refering to aliens from human bodies, but there are so many different types of aliens, im sure they are one of the weakest.
Back to top Go down
zugger
Egg Sack
zugger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:46 pm

And so for the last three days you have put out bogus information. Then when it was finally proven false, you said it was your story that you created. Hmm sounds like someone is just trying to cover his failure.
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:17 pm

zugger wrote:
And so for the last three days you have put out bogus information. Then when it was finally proven false, you said it was your story that you created. Hmm sounds like someone is just trying to cover his failure.
wow thats not what i said. He said it all depends on who is telling the story, so i said that in my story i would have aliens win. That has nothing to do with my information that is true, how exactly was it proven false? I said in my story, i never told a story smart one. Hmm sounds like someone is being a smart ass.

I was wrong on avp 1, i think they were all youngbloods as i read about it. I didnt see the directors commentary and this was talked about with my friend on avp.net and i beleived him since he is a really big avp guy.

Last edited by Ravager on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vaelkari
Egg Sack
Vaelkari

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:29 pm

for pred information - www.thehunted.tk
for alirn information - http://www.jokerdesigns.com/alienhost/xenomorph/index.html

this guy seems to know his stuff, kudo's to whoever it was that found it and posted it on avp.net
Back to top Go down
zugger
Egg Sack
zugger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:45 pm

Ravager wrote:
zugger wrote:
wow thats not what i said. He said it all depends on who is telling the story, so i said that in my story i would have aliens win. That has nothing to do with my information that is true, how exactly was it proven false? I said in my story, i never told a story smart one. Hmm sounds like someone is being a smart ass.

I was wrong on avp 1, i think they were all youngbloods as i read about it. I didnt see the directors commentary and this was talked about with my friend on avp.net and i beleived him since he is a really big avp guy.
I'm sorry you already lost. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Vaelkari wrote:
for pred information - www.thehunted.tk
for alirn information - http://www.jokerdesigns.com/alienhost/xenomorph/index.html

this guy seems to know his stuff, kudo's to whoever it was that found it and posted it on avp.net
holy shit thats a lot of info, thanks man thats a good find, even if you found it off avp.net. Very Happy
female preds look interesting, i would like to see an alien movie where humans find a planet, colonize it, and bring alien eggs over for study(the usual right) But when they break out they impregnate new species, and create total chaos.
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:50 pm

zugger wrote:
Ravager wrote:
zugger wrote:

I'm sorry you already lost. cheers
lost what? I said i was wrong there but that prooves nothing. Where does it state anywhere that preds are stronger than aliens? And avp 2 was an elder, you are saying i lost at something that i did not argue at, which makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
zugger
Egg Sack
zugger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:53 pm

I win. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:53 pm

zugger wrote:
I win. cheers
at what exactly?
and why are you all of a sudden being an ass to me? I never said anything offensive.
Back to top Go down
zugger
Egg Sack
zugger

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:12 pm

I'm sorry for being an ass. But I still win. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The demo was ok, bring on the game!   The demo was ok, bring on the game! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The demo was ok, bring on the game!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next