Xenomorph Suicide Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xenomorph Suicide Squad

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AVP Demo Feedback and Issues

Go down 
+3
Nitemare
zx445
Subject13
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Subject13
King
Subject13

AVP Demo Feedback and Issues Empty
PostSubject: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:22 pm

The demo what did you guys think about the map, weapons, melee, and especially the mic issue. Overall to me the game was awesome but they can still fix some problems like how the Predators are over powered. -.- And Marines need more weapons Very Happy Hey does anyone have any good tips for the aliens?
Back to top Go down
https://xss13.forumotion.com
zx445
Egg Sack

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:54 pm

as an alien your best choice is to keep moving, dont do stealth kills in DM, avoid attacking things head on use the ceilings and walls to get your job done, if your on a low roof or wall near somebody you can strike with your tail and deal some massive damage on unsuspecting enemies. Basicly dont leave the shadows put out any nearby lights with your tail counter light attacks with blocks and you should be fine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Subject13
King
Subject13

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Alright thank you for the tips.
Back to top Go down
Nitemare

Nitemare

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:07 pm

use pounce it helps
Back to top Go down
Subject13
King
Subject13

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Nitemare wrote:
use pounce it helps

Thats L2 and X right?
Back to top Go down
Nitemare

Nitemare

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:40 pm

well u have different system but L2 and whatever ur light attack is yes
Back to top Go down
zx445
Egg Sack

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:53 pm

i use my focus all the time so every attack i do is basicly a pounce lol
Back to top Go down
Nitemare

Nitemare

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:02 pm

ya i havent even got to be alien yet im always pred or human
Back to top Go down
Subject13
King
Subject13

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Nitemare wrote:
Well thats a bummer. I have been rocking everyone as an Alien. Thanks to PredEater Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:30 pm

Subject13 wrote:
Nitemare wrote:
Well thats a bummer. I have been rocking everyone as an Alien. Thanks to PredEater Very Happy
well "rocking" everyone is not the term id use Laughing but the pred can hit you from really far away and i mean after he does his power attack move. His blades will stop 5 feet away but i still get smacked by them. And the pred's power attack is fater than the alien who is all about speed. The marine should not block alien and pred attacks cause it makes no sence.
Back to top Go down
Subject13
King
Subject13

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Ravenger wrote:
Subject13 wrote:
Nitemare wrote:
well "rocking" everyone is not the term id use Laughing but the pred can hit you from really far away and i mean after he does his power attack move. His blades will stop 5 feet away but i still get smacked by them. And the pred's power attack is fater than the alien who is all about speed. The marine should not block alien and pred attacks cause it makes no sence.
-.- That was the one round when your brother was playing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ph3noM
Egg Sack

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:07 am

The demo is epic, I downloaded it as soon as it came out on steam, I even had my friend to wake me up when it was released, so he woke me up about 03:00 in the middle of the night, we downloaded and played.

I´ve gotten pretty good so far, me and my mate, always playing together, (not teaming but in same game) I usually ends up with 20-30 score. Kinda always first place cheers

From what I know, the code for this demo is 1 year old, so I bet it will be _a lot_ of changes when the final release comes in 7days.
Back to top Go down
xxBOOGAFINxx
Egg Sack
xxBOOGAFINxx

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:27 pm

OK so ima write a story here, just so you get all my thoughts XD

Alien- Fun amazing to play. They got the feel for the creature perfectly. The surface changes and movement are flawless. The stealth kills are awesome. Although the headbite is annoying because it blinds you. I love how the feet contour to the surface you are on and how you are silent while walking on the hive material. I think the tail strike should be as fast as the preds heavy attack, but i dont use it all that much anyway. People always pounce with the light melee but i prefer hitting the jump button because it works the same and im already in the mindset.

Pred- The diversity is fun as hell. Throwing disk is pwnage, the spear is practically useless. Plasma cannon is OMG WTF OWNAGE. Mines are pretty cheap but easy kills. The energy system is perfect, it makes it so the pred can bee good for a time but then has to be vulnerable to become powerful again. The heavy attack is way to fast and it almost useless to use the preds light attack. Trophy and stealth kills are sick! The vision modes make it very tactical and challenging to play. Truly a species needed to master to be great at. I hate how certain things take your stealth off but others dont (like bullets).

Marine - Omg my favorite thing to play, just for the scare factor and intense moments. huddling in a circle with your pals bawling your eyes out cause you are scared. I love the pulse rifle its a perfect starting weapon. Its balanced enough to where you dont need another weapon if you dont want to. But the host issues make marines obvious. If a marine is host every one of his bullets make contact, which is instant death after 3 bullets normally. Thank god for dedicated servers. The shotgun is amazing if you use it properly ... its not a sniper people. The sniper is fun as shit to use, its powerful and kills from a distance but hides your radar when you zoom. Smartgun is pwnage but needs more ammo, or at least an ammo crate in the level somewhere. Grenades = win. Flamethrower .... wtf ... seriously? Fix that shit, if it doesnt light people on fire in the game, there are gonna be some pissed gamers. THe second function is good for adding lighting though. The pistol i hope gets better in game, but wouldnt kill me if it didnt. Block counter is a necessity for the marine to survive and think it its perfect for the marine to have if they want balance. THe flashlights are shit, they better fix those too, if i cant illuminate the wall im hugging then they need some new batteries ... i mean isnt this the future? quit buying from the dollar store!

All in all this game is gonna rock and be played for years to come. First and only games that have multi playable characters in a multiplayer setting this good.
Sexy time
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:19 pm

xxBOOGAFINxx wrote:
OK so ima write a story here, just so you get all my thoughts XD

Alien- Fun amazing to play. They got the feel for the creature perfectly. The surface changes and movement are flawless. The stealth kills are awesome. Although the headbite is annoying because it blinds you. I love how the feet contour to the surface you are on and how you are silent while walking on the hive material. I think the tail strike should be as fast as the preds heavy attack, but i dont use it all that much anyway. People always pounce with the light melee but i prefer hitting the jump button because it works the same and im already in the mindset.

Pred- The diversity is fun as hell. Throwing disk is pwnage, the spear is practically useless. Plasma cannon is OMG WTF OWNAGE. Mines are pretty cheap but easy kills. The energy system is perfect, it makes it so the pred can bee good for a time but then has to be vulnerable to become powerful again. The heavy attack is way to fast and it almost useless to use the preds light attack. Trophy and stealth kills are sick! The vision modes make it very tactical and challenging to play. Truly a species needed to master to be great at. I hate how certain things take your stealth off but others dont (like bullets).

Marine - Omg my favorite thing to play, just for the scare factor and intense moments. huddling in a circle with your pals bawling your eyes out cause you are scared. I love the pulse rifle its a perfect starting weapon. Its balanced enough to where you dont need another weapon if you dont want to. But the host issues make marines obvious. If a marine is host every one of his bullets make contact, which is instant death after 3 bullets normally. Thank god for dedicated servers. The shotgun is amazing if you use it properly ... its not a sniper people. The sniper is fun as shit to use, its powerful and kills from a distance but hides your radar when you zoom. Smartgun is pwnage but needs more ammo, or at least an ammo crate in the level somewhere. Grenades = win. Flamethrower .... wtf ... seriously? Fix that shit, if it doesnt light people on fire in the game, there are gonna be some pissed gamers. THe second function is good for adding lighting though. The pistol i hope gets better in game, but wouldnt kill me if it didnt. Block counter is a necessity for the marine to survive and think it its perfect for the marine to have if they want balance. THe flashlights are shit, they better fix those too, if i cant illuminate the wall im hugging then they need some new batteries ... i mean isnt this the future? quit buying from the dollar store!

All in all this game is gonna rock and be played for years to come. First and only games that have multi playable characters in a multiplayer setting this good.
Sexy time
I am against counter to stun because as i have said alot before these monsters are about 10ft tall(alien) or 8ft(pred) and blocking them is kinda wierd. If that isnt improved then stealth needs to be improves because i can sneak up on a marine who has the brightness up and its not too hard to see the aliens anyway, especialy when the marines is against a corner or a wall where he can easily see anyone. I have asked about vents and i was told they and "hiding spots"(I saw in alien SP you can hid in holes in the wall of something) and that would be a plus as well as enviornment kills, like grab someone through the cieling or wall, pin a marine or pred to the wall/tree/whatever. I think that would be good.
Back to top Go down
Vaelkari
Egg Sack
Vaelkari

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:55 am

enjoyed the taster despite the obvous issues, think the code is pretty old so they should be fixed.

Pred: awesome, disc is a bit too powerful, should prob use more energy, 2 preds spamming the disc can kill everything. Should need to retrieve the combistick, teleporting vack with no energy cost seems a bit cheap.

Alien: even more awesome, once u get used to the movement is so much fun. learn your crosshair!! TTT means spot you can jump to, black means in shadow, light means in light, you can move around very quickly by jumping from wall to wall/ roof to floor. acid blood could be a bit more dangerous...... and the hiss should spit acid or something:)

Marine: well what can you say, no flares, no auto turrets, (no team), close quaters map, shot gun fires a bit too slow, flame thrower practically useless (is good light source), smart gun has not enough ammo..
NO EXECUTIONS!! i really want to make an alien eat my pulse rifle clip.... if you counter an alien should be able to marine 'trophy kill', push the other races to be more stealthy....

hopefully will be all fixed in relaease :/
Back to top Go down
Subject13
King
Subject13

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:08 pm

There is a new demo out Very Happy

Delete the old one
Download the same thing except its faster, funner, and does not take room Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:16 pm

Subject13 wrote:
There is a new demo out Very Happy

Delete the old one
Download the same thing except its faster, funner, and does not take room Very Happy
50% now, wonder if its a newer code too.
Back to top Go down
zx445
Egg Sack

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:42 am

is that for pc only?
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:02 pm

zx445 wrote:
is that for pc only?
no its ps3 only and its not a newer code just better hosting and crap. its still good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AVP Demo Feedback and Issues   AVP Demo Feedback and Issues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AVP Demo Feedback and Issues
Page 1 of 1