Xenomorph Suicide Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xenomorph Suicide Squad

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alien Strategies

Go down 
+5
Taffer
Ravenger
zx445
Nitemare
xxBOOGAFINxx
9 posters
AuthorMessage
xxBOOGAFINxx
Egg Sack
xxBOOGAFINxx

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:48 pm

In here we should discuss individual and team strategies for the alien species. Seeing as this is an alien clan it fits properly.

Cyan-Updated
Yellow-Unconfirmed

From just the demo perspective i have noticed quite a few things.

Take out every single light you see as long as you are alone. It may not seem like a difference to you, but marines cant see for shit with out them and their flashlights are useless.
Always stay on ceiling unless attacking. Everyone is in the fps mindset and dont look up enough. I feel the walls are still dangerous and also they make it hard to navigate (nauseating)
Pounce is the best attack, its quick, powerful and if used right its never expected. DONT use pounce if you are on the ground and seen by your enemy, because its blockable.
Learn to block counter, it will save your life.
Also learn the basics of block,lt melee, and hvy melee. As an alien you should have this perfected since you are a melee fighter.
A pounce lt. attack will kill a marine everytime, but not a predator.
If you cannot pounce a marine always heavy attack it IF its unsuspecting of you.
Marnes have three bars of health. Light attack takes out one. Heavy takes out two. Pounce takes out two. always start with a heavy or a pounce because the marine could already be one bar low and they will die with either.
Also if you heavy attack a marine you get the opportunity for a trophy kill, which is unblockable for them.
Occasionally if you tail attack from a wall or ceiling you can one hit a marine, this has happened to me multiple times.
Tail attacking marines from a wall or ceiling seems to be the safest way of killing them, because it is quick and does heavy damage.

As for the predator the trophy kill can only be successfully done if you land at least on heavy and light melee on them, in that order. Or if you block counter them after doing some damage to them.
When fighting predators, try and double team them, one to distract the other to stealth kill, makes preds easy prey. Never take one head on because his heavy attack is faster than yours.
When fighting multiple marines, NEVER go in alone and attack blindly. ALways go in teams and pick your targets so everyone will die when your are done with the fight.
I cant confirm this but i thought it happened to me before correct me if im wrong: If you move slow enough as an alien you wont show up on marine radar?
If you see a preds line, RUN get around a corner and book it. because either the disk or plasma caster with molest you instantly.
If you are on a low ceiling and an enemy doesnt notice, use your heavy attack because you will quickly tail them and do good damage and your can still pounce if you want to aftarward.
Dont stop moving ... ever, you are fast for a reason. If you stop you can be sniped by a marine or shot with a plasma cannon, blade, or the spear. If you die by the spear as an alien you better just return your game and quit this clan. lol
If you are low on health run and hide until you are FULL. if you are low enough your screen changes color and makes it difficult to see.
Last but not least that i can think of now is guard the good weapons to keep the other species from getting to powerful. i.e. smartgun, plasma caster, and smart disk ... and possibly mines.

If you have anymore please add them.

Last edited by xxBOOGAFINxx on Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nitemare

Nitemare

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:49 pm

thanks for the advice
Back to top Go down
zx445
Egg Sack

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:14 pm

good advice bro iv only been killed by the combi-stick once and its only because i was stealth killing a marine and a predator came up and he got me at point blank.
Back to top Go down
xxBOOGAFINxx
Egg Sack
xxBOOGAFINxx

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:43 pm

zx445 wrote:
good advice bro iv only been killed by the combi-stick once and its only because i was stealth killing a marine and a predator came up and he got me at point blank.

yea thats fair enough, i wouldnt count that against you
lol
Back to top Go down
Ravenger
Egg Sack
Ravenger

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:09 am

Nitemare wrote:
thanks for the advice
as long as you can predict the preds moves your good for head on. You can tell how they fight from the first 2 moves. if they go for heavy firest then the do alot of heavy. if they do a light then heavy the do cobos like that. if they do a ligh light then they are afraid of being light heavy comboed when charging up. So if you see the heavy coming back up as fast as you can but dont turn. then you can pounce or heavy. Note that when you heavy you need to back up and when the charge is almost done walk toward him to deliver the power, but if he walks away then follow him but not too close as he could be leading you into a light attack so make sure you are just in reach. and of coarse if the pred does light then counter it (but what pisses me off is the pred knocks you down when he counters but you dont kncok him down) and finish him off.
Back to top Go down
Taffer
Egg Sack
Taffer

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 am

this is all very good advice. I have thought of most of this but I would be to lazy to post it. Another quick note on the pred on alien melee. Only go after a pred head on if you know you are a great fighter. I do suspect you all are but still be careful because an experienced predator can still take you down.
Back to top Go down
Vaelkari
Egg Sack
Vaelkari

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:41 am

ive noticed the blue light stay out when smashed, i think the orange ones come back on after a while? need confirmation
Back to top Go down
zx445
Egg Sack

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:40 am

doesnt matter how long the lights stay out just hit em again and avoid camping in the same spot it becomes predictable. Also fighting preds ehad on is suicidal but in this game mode you cant exactly stealth kill them unless you know every1 else is gone the best choice is to pounce at their back and follow up with a light or two even then its very risky.
Back to top Go down
xxBOOGAFINxx
Egg Sack
xxBOOGAFINxx

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:33 pm

zx445 wrote:
doesnt matter how long the lights stay out just hit em again and avoid camping in the same spot it becomes predictable. Also fighting preds ehad on is suicidal but in this game mode you cant exactly stealth kill them unless you know every1 else is gone the best choice is to pounce at their back and follow up with a light or two even then its very risky.

i was referring to team and species DM for stealth killing that way your partner can have your back and you can get an insta kill
Back to top Go down
zx445
Egg Sack

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:23 pm

ah right i thought we were speaking on demo terms lol yeah the species team and team deathmatches are gunna be way better.
Back to top Go down
Ph3noM
Egg Sack

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:04 am

Well good advice here, the basics for an alien close-combat is just to predict your enemies movement, attacks etc, being able to react fast enough if a Predator charges an heavy attack to counter it with a light, it's the key to everything, reaction time, and know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Vaelkari
Egg Sack
Vaelkari

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:32 pm

hopefuly release will have dealt with melee range issues...

note: -when stealth killing from roof remember you're gonna fall down
-respect the marine, he may seem like a juicy target but hes no push over, be warned
Back to top Go down
zx445
Egg Sack

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Vaelkari wrote:

-respect the marine, he may seem like a juicy target but hes no push over, be warned

respect the marine? ha thats a lie most marines i see are dead within ten seconds because either i killed them or i was watching somebody kill them and wanted to kill that somebody.
Back to top Go down
xxBOOGAFINxx
Egg Sack
xxBOOGAFINxx

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:51 pm

zx445 wrote:
Vaelkari wrote:

respect the marine? ha thats a lie most marines i see are dead within ten seconds because either i killed them or i was watching somebody kill them and wanted to kill that somebody.

yea they are only good for stealing kills, unless im the marine ... then i cant die. But thats only cause im kindof a God
Back to top Go down
Vaelkari
Egg Sack
Vaelkari

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:19 pm

youd be suprised what a marine can do, as long as people dont spam the heavy attack i can rape as a marine...
so many aliens(and quite a few preds) have run up to hit me-been blocked, countered, and then blown away. if the demo wasnt so dark i'd be better at stopping the heavy attacks, as it is i got to rely on luck cause i cant se sh*t most of the time
Back to top Go down
zx445
Egg Sack

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:45 am

the one time i palyed as a marine i got first place with 28 lol and i started out terribly i guess it was a quick pickup thing there lol
Back to top Go down
Vaelkari
Egg Sack
Vaelkari

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:46 am

the best training for alien or pred is playin as a marine, you learn to fight up close, or else
Back to top Go down
(XSS) zachpower121

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:37 am

nice tips
Back to top Go down
Taffer
Egg Sack
Taffer

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:46 am

At first the marines were the equivalent of lab rats with guns, but now they actually know how to play and can be quit dangerous
Back to top Go down
Subject13
King
Subject13

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:45 am

Just heavy attack them form a distance and then light attack over there faces Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://xss13.forumotion.com
Vaelkari
Egg Sack
Vaelkari

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:44 am

roof + tail = god
Back to top Go down
zx445
Egg Sack

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Vaelkari wrote:
roof + tail = god

that should say "roof thats low enough + tail = god" cuz most the roofs i use are too high for the tail to hit so i use the walls for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Vaelkari
Egg Sack
Vaelkari

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:21 am

Very Happy according to the devs on galaxy.net forums its a legit tactic too, a 'reward' for 'superior positioning'... take the noob complaints!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alien Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alien Strategies   Alien Strategies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alien Strategies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xenomorph Suicide Squad :: Xenomorph Suicide Squad Clan :: Clan Discussion-
Jump to: